Monday, March 30, 2009

Last night out in Philly




Being that I have pretty much so been hibernating for the last three months, I decided I needed one last night out in philly. I had the pleasure of hanging with my sister and cousin Tara, and Brooke and Ryan for a wonderful evening out! We started at Modo Mio, an italian BYO on Girard. The food was great and u couldn't beat the price. I had grilled shrimp, veal and rabbit ravioli, trout, and a wonderful sicilian cake for dessert! You can order the turista menu for $32, 4 courses. Portions are small so it was just the right amount of food. We also enjoyed 3 bottles of wine....sparkling from Argyle (Oregon), Chardonnay from Alamos (Mendoza) and a bottle of Carmenere Sarah brought. Added bonus was a complimentary shot of sambuca from the waiter.


Much to Ryan's chagrin we walked (suburbanites!), so figured an incentive to walking was to stop at a few bars along the way in my soon to be old hood.


Ended up at silk city for my final hoorah! Being that I am now poor and need to be thrifty (no cushy job at J&J for me anymore but all the freedom in the world), I decided to smuggle my own PBRs into the bar :) Of course the night wouldn't have been complete withought some crying, even though I forbid it! Thanks Sarah....


Next morning we were a little sluggish from dancing for hours to 80s music (we were up til 4am), but made it to Honey's for my favorite breakfast meal - Huevos Rancheros! Since there is always a long wait for a table, we decided to drink some Asti on the corner that we had brought for mimosas in the restaurant. The cork popped, was extremely loud, and flew across the street. Luckily I didn't hit anyone/thing! But all 30 people also waiting for seats stopped and turned around to stare at our group. Oh well, we are used to this and I was celebrating!


Well, I'll miss you Philadelphia!!! Thanks for a great night out.

2 comments:

  1. It was an awesome night and mid-morning out! Glad I was able to make it up for your last nite out! You know I wouldn't have been able to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philly just won't be the same without the best sister ever! Who will I get into trouble with??

    ReplyDelete