Okay, so just thought I'd share a few New Zealand ways of living I am trying to get used to:
1. No dishwasher....and being I am living with boys, dishes are never actually clean, even when in the cabinet.
2. No clothes dryer and no hot water for wash machine. So, just now I filled the wash machine with hot water using a 1 L measuring cup. Hah! I will get our clothes clean even if I have to fill the machine myself! Everyone hangs their clothes outside, except it is now too cold to dry and is raining, so I am planning on just finding places in my room to hang everything!
3. Weather has turned for the worse and although noone else thinks it is cold, I am freezing and our house does not have built in heating. There is a reason I was previously supposed to and am moving to southern california. Yes folks, it is for the weather! I am so missing my favorite time of the year at home. But my room is like a tropical paradise with two portable heaters going! Luckily our new room is big enough, so don't mind just hanging out in here. Unfortunately going to the bathroom is a whole other story :) I want to share some photos of my room and house but think I should clean the room first. So, stay tuned. Once I get a job I think we'll be moving to someplace with heat, hot water, and newer appliances, but I am thankful to have a place to stay for now that we can afford.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, I remember those days, except I was living in Texas with no airconditioner, hanging out my wash, and no dishwasher for awhile. Hope you find a job and can move into a better place, but New Zealand looks beautiful, the food, the quaint city, the fruit trees, sounds like paradise. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteAnd u had us and daddy to clean up after!!! I guess I have it easier :)
ReplyDeleteNo dishwasher, mom, how did you survive?
ReplyDelete