As u all probably know I am not that much into sports, but when in Rome....so the girls I am with play soccer and we were lucky enough to get tickets to the big Bolivia vs Argentina game.
Bolivia won! A chant from the game....Bo*leave*via, around the stadium, then all, viva bolivia.
I thought the excitement was fun, but most loved observing the snacks they served, and soft drinks came in a plastic bag with a straw *makes sense since the only reason i went to games in philly was because of the nachos!
Unforunately couldn't try any of the food in fear of nasty reaction in the belly. I already tested it with a chorizo sandwhich from a street vendor and a papaya frutas con agua- hopefully i make it thru the night.
After game wondered around city and ate some dinner. Empanadas are yummy!
Now it is 930 and I am ready for bed...even though no time change therefore no jet lag...but no sleep on plane. Plus we are headed to a bike ride down the most dangerous road and need to be up at 630. In it's hayday, before they built a new overpass, 20-100 cars or would disappear every year. Now safer, but still only 3m wide in some spots and still aka the death road. Stay tuned.
Bolivia won! A chant from the game....Bo*leave*via, around the stadium, then all, viva bolivia.
I thought the excitement was fun, but most loved observing the snacks they served, and soft drinks came in a plastic bag with a straw *makes sense since the only reason i went to games in philly was because of the nachos!
Unforunately couldn't try any of the food in fear of nasty reaction in the belly. I already tested it with a chorizo sandwhich from a street vendor and a papaya frutas con agua- hopefully i make it thru the night.
After game wondered around city and ate some dinner. Empanadas are yummy!
Now it is 930 and I am ready for bed...even though no time change therefore no jet lag...but no sleep on plane. Plus we are headed to a bike ride down the most dangerous road and need to be up at 630. In it's hayday, before they built a new overpass, 20-100 cars or would disappear every year. Now safer, but still only 3m wide in some spots and still aka the death road. Stay tuned.
I bet there was a lot more emotion at the soccer match than at most Phillies games! The few matches I watched in DC had a lot of chants and instruments keeping the beat going.
ReplyDeleteI am glad bolivia won the match!--added to the excitement. Be careful niece! Eileeb