Thursday, April 2, 2009

Worlds most Dangerous Road




So i had to opportunity to bike down the World's most dangerous road today! It was the most beautiful and one of my favorite things I've seen or done. We started high in mountains with no vegetation all the way down to jungle. We descended approx. 3500 m and the drops from the side of the road which at some point was only 3 m wide, was 600m. It was amazing. About 100 cars a year fall off the cliff never to be found again. 13 bicyclists have died. All went well until the end. Here are a few pics of the fun part.

5 comments:

  1. Jen, how are you? I saw your arm and ouch! I hope you heal quickly! Beautiful pictures and it hit me yesterday that you were gone and I should have gone out on Saturday. I wish you all the best adventures and good times with the girls. You make us all realize that life is worth living.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen you are crazy - I love it though! The pictures are beautiful. I'm sure it dosen't compare to being there though. I'm glad we could make it down to Phil. before you left. Can't wait to see you in May! PS: The flip flops came the other day and they are really cute! See you soon! :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad we said a prayer before you left. Sounds like you had a few close calls already. Be careful, you only live once. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, no need to get so sentimental :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, that's what being a Mom is all about.
    Sounds breathtaking!
    You went down 3500 meters, must you pedel back up that hill?
    Maybe when I was younger, Eileen

    ReplyDelete